A partial denture replaces a few missing teeth in a row, while a complete denture replaces all teeth on the top or bottom arch. At Spectacular Smiles, both partial and full dentures are made of durable resin material to complement your appearance and restore the function of your teeth. Complete and partial dentures are designed to feel natural in your mouth and securely fit your jaw. If you are missing most or all of your natural teeth, you could greatly benefit from a set of full dentures to restore your mouth to its proper function and appearance. These removable prosthetics are custom-crafted to fit precisely into your mouth, and they can help you chew food properly and speak more clearly.
The Procedure for Dentures
After an examination with our Dentist in Frisco, TX , they will take impressions of your gums and send them to the laboratory that creates your dentures. Meanwhile, we may provide you with temporary dentures to use during the fabrication process. Once your permanent dentures are ready, we’ll schedule an appointment to place them in your mouth. The denture will be placed over your gums using a unique adhesive. You’ll then need to learn how to properly care for your dentures at home. This often includes practicing how to speak and eat with your dentures in. Getting comfortable with your new partial or full dentures may take a little time. But once you learn how they function and how to care for and clean them, you should be back to enjoying your favorite foods in no time! Our dentists may suggest you try eating soft foods for the first couple of days until you learn how to speak and eat with your new teeth.
The Benefits of a Dentures
- Improved appearance after losing teeth
- Improved self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improved oral health by preventing other teeth from shifting or falling out due to the gap being filled
- Improvement of speech
- Helps to prevent infections that can occur when a tooth is left untreated in the mouth resulting in the deterioration of surrounding teeth due to lack of proper care
- Improves the digestion of food since there are fewer digestive problems associated with tooth loss, such as loss of appetite or chewing difficulties due to pain
- Affordability compared to other tooth replacement options.
- Easy to care for and clean
- Can be removed for eating and cleaning purposes, making it easy to take care of them like any other removable item
Missing teeth can affect the health and appearance of your smile, but our dentist may also recommend dentures for various other reasons. Visit Spectacular Smiles at 11500 State Hwy 121 Suite 820, Frisco, TX 75035, or call (214) 407-8012 to learn more about dentures.